0 of 5 questions completed
This is a description.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
Hello Topaz, Here are your wines
Yellow reminds of the sun and warmth. Sun and warmth reminds of fruits that you don’t see for the rest of the year, like berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries), stone fruits (cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums) and tropical fruits (pineapple, guava). Those of the Topaz category prefer wines that are obvious in their ripe fruit character.
Your answers in the quiz generated a score in between Jade and Ruby. You prefer wines that are a bit fruitier and richer than Jade, but not as rich or tannic as Ruby.
These are some statements that may correspond to your quiz answers:
- I take some cream and sugar in my coffee or tea
- I like milk chocolate
- I like my food mild to medium spicy
- I snack on something light like a piece of fruit
If you are a Topaz, you don’t necessarily look for the crisp touch that Jade crave, and some wines that Ruby (and definitely Sapphire types) prefer can be too bitter or astringent* for Topaz type taste.
*astringency is the dry mouthfeel caused by tannins.
Hello Jade, Here are your wines
If you think of the green Jade, you think about fresh new greens and flowers, crisp air, and bright light. The people of the Jade category prefer wines which are fresh, bright, crisp and delicate.
If you read some of the following statements, you will probably find some of them to be true for you.
- I don’t drink coffee or black tea (it is too bitter) or I take coffee, but generally I like it sweet and light
- I don’t like bitter chocolate
- I generally don’t like my food spicy
- I prefer fresh snacks such as fruit or carrots or celery sticks
If you are the Jade type, you are the opposite of Sapphire, who generally prefers full-bodied, robust, tannic, powerful wines.
Hello Sapphire, Here are your wines
If you are the Sapphire type, you can handle and prefer a higher level of bitterness and alcohol than the other categories.
These statements may correspond to your quiz answers:
- I take my coffee black, no sugar, no milk
- I love spicy food (the hotter the better)
- I like any dark chocolate. It’s not bitter to me!
- Candy bars or chocolate are my favorite snacks
The palate of Sapphire is less delicate then those of other Gemstones. If you are the Sapphire type, you are likely a meat kind of person. One explanation might be that Sapphire type people have fewer taste receptors than the average person. This might explain why they need a wine that is intense in order to sense and appreciate it. If you are the Sapphire type, you are the opposite of Jade, who generally prefers wines which are fresh, bright, crisp and delicate.
Hello Ruby, Here are your wines
Ruby types usually prefer meals with a hint of spice and generally prefer wines that are not too delicate, not too fruity or jammy, yet not too strong either.
These are some statements which correspond to your quiz answers:
- I drink coffee or tea with little milk, generally no sugar
- I like both milk chocolate and dark chocolate, but generally I prefer semisweet chocolate – but that wasn’t an option !!
- I definitely prefer medium spice and only occasionally more spicy
- I prefer savory snacks
Ruby wines can take you back to another time and place. It might happen, when you drink a Chianti Classico (Ruby wine), that you can feel the Tuscan sun on your face and that you can smell herbs like oregano in the air. Wines of the Ruby category might have an aromatic element of dried herbs and sometimes a savory meaty flavor.
How do you take your
coffee or tea?
- Black/Nothing added
- A little milk or cream
- A lot of milk or cream
- I do not drink coffee or tea
How much sugar do you add
to your coffee or tea?
- A teaspoon
- Two or more teaspoons
- I do not drink coffee or tea
What type of chocolate
do you prefer?
- Dark, bitter chocolate
- Milk chocolate
- White chocolate
- I do not eat or like chocolate
How spicy do you like
- Very spicy
- Not spicy at all
What is your
- Something rich like chocolate or a candy bar
- Something savory like chips or crackers
- Something light like a piece of fruit or carrot sticks
- None of these